Thursday, October 02, 2008

She's Catching on quickly

Caity, that is.


Have I mentioned lately, how much I love this girl! Because I do.

So our very first trip to Children's back in August did not go over very well with Caity. Hey, not that I blame the girl, in my experience, catheters suck in general. So being cathed on top of everything else, so not my idea of a good time.

After the torture test was over, the nurse took Caity to the "Treasure box" to pick out a prize (or three). She left the hospital with some stickers and sidewalk chalk.

Then we went for her MRI a few weeks later, and when the nurse told her that the MRI dept. did not have a toy box; She insisted to the nurse at Children's that they did have a toy box and she would leave there with a toy. Then she took her hand and led her off.

She returned to her room with you guessed it A toy (actually a few)

In between the MRI and the Urodynamics tests at Children's she had to get a urine analysis at our regular pediatricians office.

The following conversation took place.

Dr. R. "Can you pee in the cup for me?"

Caity: "You want my pee?" pause. "I want a toy." *stare at Dr with a grin*

Dr. R. "A toy."

Caity "From the box. I can show you where it is"

Dr. R. "okay. You pee in the cup and you can get a toy."

And we left with...... A toy.


Didn't take her long to figure that one out did it.

Poor nurses/doctors/lab people never stood a chance.






No comments: