Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This weeks Insurance Battle

Some days, I really wonder why we have insurance at all. Lately, it seems we have to fight for anything from them.

Caity's newest drug protocol starts with Flowmax. YES that Flowmax.

Our insurance company declines to pay on it, because its "experimental" for children/girls.

So, our urologist contacts them and does what they call a prior authorization. Hopefully they approve it and we only have to pay our copay.

$125 a month for one medicine of 4 is a big pill to swallow.










3 comments:

Staci A said...

Yikes! I'm sorry, I hope you're able to get it straightened out with the insurance companies. I wonder too why we have insurance some days. It seems like we spend so much for out of pocket cost. It's ridiculous.

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

Oh that is expensive! I hope it works out for you. My daughter is on prescription formula and it took about 2 months to get the insurance to cover it and about 6 more months to get reimbursed for the first 2~

Unknown said...

Doesn't that gripe ya about the insurance co.? I know they are a business and that they have been taken advantage of one too many times but still. And who decides what is 'experiemental' anyway...that's why our doctors have MD after their names! I hope they approve it and m ore importantly, I hope it does what you need it to for your daughter.