Monday, November 17, 2008

Holiday Food Food Food.

The party is going strong at Momdot, won't you come join us?

What is your favorite Holiday recipe, describe your Holiday table, biggest holiday cooking disaster

My favorite Holiday recipe is plain ol pecan pie. It's not Thanksgiving/Christmas time without pecan pie.

We have an interesting twist on our holiday table. The table cloth is signed by all who attend with their name and date, and then each name is cross-stitched over in various colors. My mom has done this since I was about 5 years old, and its amazing to see how much signatures have changed over the years and how much our family has grown and changed.

As for the menu, it’s sort of a free for all thing. My mom or grandma handles the Turkey and/or Ham and stuffing, while everyone else is designated to bring side items. Most years include, mashed taters, gravy, rolls, green bean casserole, candied sweet taters, mac&cheese, cheesy broccoli rice casserole, corn on the cob, and tons of desserts.






3 comments:

Momstart said...

That's how it is when we go home, but this year it's just us so i'm going to make a small turkey and make sandwiches

Staci A said...

I love the tablecloth idea. I'm sure it's amazing to look back at the past year's names.

Sarah said...

Wow! I wonder if I could find a tablecloth for our family! Oh wait, it's just us! And 2 can't write yet!