Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Memories

Favorite holiday memory from YOUR childhood

Oh gosh. This is a tough one.

I think my favorite memory is the year I was very sick. I was so sick; I didn’t even feel like opening presents which made it all the more depressing. But the one thing I remember most about that year, wasn’t the chicken pox, it wasn’t the fever, or the itching or anything else about being sick. It was my brothers who opened my gifts for me, before diving into their own, because they wanted me to be able to enjoy my presents.

It’s amazing, how sometimes, even the people you don’t get along with, are able to do the nicest things.

For more holiday memories, check over on Momdot Post your own and be eligible to win some great prizes.




7 comments:

Melissa said...

aw, that is just so sweet!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

How thoughtful of your brothers. Sorry you were sick though.

Tena said...

awww that was too sweet of them

Staci A said...

What a incredibly sweet story! It's nice to have family like that, even if you don't always get along, they're there when you need them. I'm sorry you were sick though!

Unknown said...

how sweet!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Chicken pox on Christmas? How sad!!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

That was a nice jester...even though they are on your naughty list!